Charles Barkley once said: "I am not a role model." In this case, neither am I. When it comes to spending money, I will admit it. I can be cheap. There are some things I like to spend money on, like electronics, golf and I-pad accessories. Lets just say Valentines Day isn't at the top of my list. For cheap guys like me, and I know you're out there, I came up with five ideas to save money on Valentines Day. Most of these ideas are free and none are more than ten dollars. Use them sparingly and you should be good to go for five years. Of course, if you change girlfriends or wives in that time, feel free to repeat.
5. Don't spend $3.99 on a card. Just log on to E-greetings.com and send an E-card. That way you can send a funny and romantic one. Cost: $0.00
4. Tell her you are going to treat her to dinner and a movie! On the way home rent the movie "Titanic" or "The Notebook" and pick up a large Domino's carryout pizza. Cost: $10
3. Candy lingerie not only serves as a gift, but as dessert as well. Cost: $10
2. On your computer create a fake certificate from the International Star Registry that says you named a galaxy after her. You take her outside, point up at the sky and say: "look, there it is!" Cost: $0.00
1. Instead of paying $50 on flowers, call your sweetheart at about 2:30pm and ask her if she got the flowers you sent. When she says no, tell her that you are as "mad as hell and you're going to get to the bottom of this!" Cost $0.00
LEGAL DISCLAIMER: 2008-Three guys/Five Wives- All rights reserved. John Patrick can not be held responsible for break-ups, divorces, lover quarrels and the like. Use these tips at your own discretion.