THE FOLLOWING ARE BASIC CONTEST RULES FOR ANY AND ALL CONTESTS RUN ON KTIK. EACH CONTEST MAY HAVE IT'S OWN SPECIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND ELIGIBILITY RULES, IN WHICH CASE A SEPARATE ADDITION TO THESE RULES WILL BE AVAILABLE ON THE SPECIFIC CONTEST PAGE, OR AT THE KTIK STUDIOS, 1419 WEST BANNOCK, BOISE, ID, 83702.
1. All KTIK contests are open to any listener unless specific age is required by type of contest, participating agency or advertiser or by law. Contests involving airline travel and/or overnight accommodations will always require a minimum age of 18 for eligibility.
2. Only one qualifier or winner per family within a 30-day period. In the event a winner cannot or does not pick up a prize for whatever reason, that winner remains ineligible for the 30-day period.
3. Winners may be required to sign a release, and all winners agree to allow KTIK to use their name and/or likeness for promotional purposes without further compensation. All calls coming in to KTIK are taped and may be aired on KTIK without further approval.
4. KTIK is not responsible for problems occurring within the telephone system or E-mail system, which either inhibit or increase the chances of winning a phone-in or Electronic mail contest. In the event two or more phone lines are "tied together" during a phone in contest, the entire call and all callers "tied together" will be disqualified and another caller will be taken. KTIK cannot award duplicate prizes to all parties in a "tied together" situation. In case of telephone line malfunctions, the decision of KTIK will be final.
5. Employees and agents of Cumulus Broadcasting and their families, their advertising agencies or representatives are ineligible to enter contests on KTIK. Employees of other radio or TV stations, newspapers and other media outlets in the Boise metro, and their immediate families are ineligible.
6. Winners may not request substitution or other consideration from the originally awarded prize. All prizes, unless otherwise stated, must be picked up in person, and signed for by the winner at the KTIK offices any weekday, between 9am and 4pm, within 30 days of winning. Holidays and weekends are included in this 30-day period. Designated winner's representatives will be allowed to claim prizes, provided prior arrangements have been made. If prizes are not picked up within the stated period, the winner waives their rights to the prize and said prize becomes the possession of KTIK and may be awarded to another listener at KTIK discretion. KTIK will not notify winners of time remaining on prizes to be picked up. It is solely the winner's responsibility to claim their prize within the time limit specified. No prizes will be mailed unless specified during contest or if special arrangements have been made.
7. Prizes are non-transferable
8. KTIK reserves the right to revoke prizes if the winner does not meet any or all eligibility requirements, even though an announcement may have been made on the air indicating that person was the winner.
9. A 1099 MISC Form will be completed and filed with the Internal Revenue Service for each winner who over the course of the calendar year who has won prizes with a total value of $600 or more. All local, state, and federal taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner.
10. KTIK may, due to the unavailability of prizes awarded, substitute another prize of equal or greater value for the prize originally won. KTIK will not be responsible, or held liable for prizes awarded to an event that is canceled due to circumstances beyond our control. Prizes that include travel, concert or event dates (concert fly-always, etc.) must be taken during dates designated by KTIK.
11. With respect to any disputes regarding contests, the decision of KTIK will be final.
12. KTIK, it's agency, and representatives shall not be liable or responsible for any claim, injury or damage from any KTIK contest or prize awarded in a contest.
13. All contest entries become the property of KTIK. KTIK may withhold any or all contest materials for any reason station management deems crucial to the completion of the contest, or for reasons relating to publicity and/or advertising.
14. Unless otherwise stated, multiple entries by the same person will be discarded and may be deemed cause for disqualification.
15. Unless otherwise stated, any contest conducted at a facility where paid admission is required, may be entered at KTIK's studios prior to the event without any paid consideration to enter the event.
16. These rules are subject to change without notice.